Visit BedminsterCitizens.org to learn more about this organization and how to get involved in maintaining the rural character of Bedminster Township, and support growth that preserves the environment, our history and way of life.
Ten months ago, the Township's administrative staff relocated from the Township & Police headquarters at 3112 Bedminster Road to the Township's Annex building at 432 Elephant Road. The Township's new address is 432 Elephant Road, Perkasie PA 18944. This move does not affect the voting locations, they will remain the same. The police building at 3112 Bedminster Road will continue to be open on election day for those in the Bedminster East voting district.
TO FIND OUT HOW TO PROPERLY DISPOSE OF OR RECYCLE OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS, visit Earth911.com. Just type in the material and your zip code, and find a place to take your items!
To report potholes, signage issues, brush and tree removal, and animal carcass removal on a state-owned PennDOT roadway, call 215-345-6060. To see a list of State Roads, click here.
at the Bedminster Township Building, 432 Elephant Road, the second Wednesday of every month from 9am to 11am. For more information, click here.
PA Drivers to Benefit from Emergency Safety Program: read more here.
Bedminster is a scenic, rural township located in the central part of upper Bucks County. The gently rolling hills, divided by streams such as Deep Run, Mink Run, Deer Run, and Cabin Run likely attracted the earliest settlers. Although William Penn had become proprietor of this area as early as 1681, the earliest settlers were Scotch-Irish and German immigrants in the early 1700's. The heavily wooded areas, where small game abounded, were helpful in building homes, barns, and churches.
Almost a third of Bedminster was conveyed by the Penn family to a William Allen of Philadelphia in 1730, a prosperous and prominent businessman of his time. William Allen was a Tory and in 1776, while war clouds gathered over Philadelphia, he took his family to England. Much of his property was confiscated in 1778 by the Pennsylvania Assembly. His estate managed to re-obtain his land holdings in the early 1800's and proceeded to auction off any unsold land at the John Shaw's Tavern in Dublin, now the Dublin Inn. By 1815 most of the undeveloped land in Bedminster had been sold.